THE JACK CREEK PRESERVE EDUCATION OUTDOOR EDUCATION CENTER
WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR GROUP RENTALS DURING WINTER 2017 - 2018.
We invite non-profit groups, schools, universities, local businesses, agencies and others to utilize Jack Creek Preserve for education and research, outdoor experiential learning, and natural resource conservation. Our 4,500 acre property provides a versatile landscape capable of serving a variety of programs to further education, leadership, outdoor skills, and conservation. The property offers a variety of natural habitats for a rich outdoor classroom and research facility. In addition, Jack Creek offers several lodging options ranging from the bunk rooms in the Outdoor Education Center to remote cabins and a high meadow campground.
OUTDOOR EDUCATION CENTER
A core part of the Preserve’s mission is to provide educational opportunities to the public. The Preserve's Outdoor Education Center (Center) provides a place where students, educators, land managers, non-profits, universities, visitors, and others can gather to learn through multi-day courses, presentations, wilderness activities, as well as conduct research and recreate.
The Center is the also trail head for our Low Pass Interpretive Trail, and provides access to our archery range, campsite and other areas of the Preserve.
Outdoor Education Center Building Amenities:
- Multi-purpose main classroom with capacity of up to 50 people
- Kitchen facilities
- Tables and chairs
- Two downstairs bedrooms; one room ADA accessible
- One downstairs ADA accessible half-bath
- Two separately accessed bunk rooms with 18 beds each
- Overnight capacity of 28 people
- Large surrounding meadow for outdoor activities
- Attached shower house
- High-Speed Internet
- Projector and screen for presentations and programs
- Library of activity guides, curriculum resources, field guides, and other relevant educational materials
- Teaching equipment like skulls, furs, binoculars, GPS units, spotting scopes, cameras, school supplies, etc.
- $15/person/night for non-profit groups
- $30/person/night for all other groups
Donations are always being accepted for continued expansion and improvement of the Education Center.