Outdoor Education Center
We invite non-profit groups, schools, universities, local businesses, agencies and others to utilize Jack Creek Preserve for education and research, outdoor experiential learning, and natural resource conservation. Our 4,500 acre property provides a versatile landscape capable of serving a variety of programs to further education, leadership, outdoor skills, and conservation. The property offers a variety of natural habitats for a rich outdoor classroom and research facility. In addition, Jack Creek offers several lodging options ranging from the bunk rooms in the Outdoor Education Center to remote cabins and a high meadow campground.
A core part of the Preserve’s mission is to provide educational opportunities to the public. The Preserve's Outdoor Education Center (Center) provides a place where students, educators, land managers, non-profits, universities, visitors, and others can gather to learn through multi-day courses, presentations, wilderness activities, as well as conduct research.
The Center is also the trailhead for our Low Pass Interpretive Trail, and provides access to our archery range, campsite, and other areas of the Preserve.
Outdoor Education Center Building Amenities:
- Multi-purpose main classroom
- Tables and chairs
- Kitchen facilities (we provide pots, pans, silverware, dishware, drink-ware, coffeemaker, toaster, microwave, commercial refrigerator, dish sponges, dish soap, potable water)
- Outdoor grill (we provide propane)
- Overnight capacity of 30 people
- Two downstairs bedrooms; one room ADA accessible
- Two separately accessed bunk rooms with 14 beds each
- No linens or pillows provided, please bring your own sleeping bag and pillow
- One downstairs ADA accessible half-bath
- Attached shower house
- No towels or body soap provided, please bring your own; hand soap is provided
- Large surrounding meadow for outdoor activities
- We cannot accommodate groups larger than 50 people
- High-Speed Internet
- Projector and screen for presentations and programs
- Library of activity guides, field guides, and other relevant educational materials
- Teaching equipment like skulls, furs, binoculars, GPS units, school supplies, etc.
Please contact us for availability, rates, and reservations. email@example.com or (406) 682-3358.
Donations are always being accepted for continued expansion and improvement of the Education Center.